The winner of the Unsung Hero Award will receive a cash prize of $25,000 and recognition at State Policy Network’s Annual Meeting in Amelia Island, Florida.
Criteria for nomination:
- Nominee is a policy entrepreneur who has not received many accolades for his or her accomplishments
- Leadership resulted in a victory that reduced the size or scope of government and made a difference for freedom
- The outcomes recognized are transformative and truly innovative
- Story can serve as an example of success and inspiration to other activist groups
- Reduction in size and scope of government can be replicated in other parts of the country
The deadline to nominate a hero is October 10, 2012.