Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mickey Rourke Praises President Bush

Stop the presses!!!

A Hollywood actor has praised President Bush.

In an interview with the British edition of GQ, Rourke said in reference to 9/11, "President Bush was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't know how anyone could have handled this situation....I'm not one of those who blames Bush for everything."

Rourke also expressed dismay with the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in Britain:

I was in London recently and I couldn't believe all these hate-talking fanatics you have over here who are allowed to carry on doing their thing even when a bus full of women and children gets blown to pieces.

I know you've deported one or two of them, but it seems crazy. I think there is worse to come, something terrible will happen to either America or the U.K., or France even. I don't think these fundamentalists should be allowed to talk all this crap, and brainwashing these young kids. (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/79536/Rourke-Bush-was-in-the-wrong-place-at-the-wrong-time)

The Daily Express, for its part, took Rourke to task for being "taken aback by the freedom of speech allowed in the U.K." Rourke doesn't claim to be an expert. But he sells himself short. He understands the difference between freedom of speech and incitement.

Rourke's career is on the upswing with his role in the film The Wrestler for which he just won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor. He is widely expected to get an Academy Award nomination but I'm sure his praise for Bush will deny him the statue.


No comments: