Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Carter Gives Obama a Backhanded Compliment

I didn't watch the 60 Minutes interview with Jimmy Carter on Sunday as my roomie and I were having dinner with friends. But I have read the transcript.

When Lesley Stahl asked the 39th President about President Obama being "worse than Jimmy Carter" he said:

I can't control what people say about comparing me with Obama. But I hope that Obama will have as successful a term as I did with our nation's domestic and international affairs.

Talk about a backhanded compliment. I'm sure that upon hearing this from Carter, Obama said, "Gee, Jimmy. Thanks a lot pal."

But if double digit unemployment and inflation plus a hostage situation involving American diplomats is Carter's idea of success I can't imagine how he assesses failure.

No comments: