Tuesday, September 21, 2010

D'Onofrio Returns to Law & Order:Criminal Intent

Vincent D'Onofrio is returning to Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Yay!!!

O.K., it's only for eight episodes which won't air until next year. And Jeff Goldblum has departed. But I'll take it.

Yes, the L&O franchise is uber left. I've had my share of objections to the show. But Detective Robert Goren is one of the greatest characters in the history of the small screen. Suffice it to say the way he was written out of the show earlier this year did not do justice to the imprint he has left on that series.

No word yet if Kathryn Erbe will return as Detective Alexandra Eames or if he will be paired with Saffron Burrows. To me, Goren and Eames is like Lennon and McCartney. They are better together than they are apart. Then again my roommate Christopher and I would love it if Burrows were to move in with us. We wouldn't even charge her rent.

The return of Robert Goren has put a big smile on my face.

No comments: