Thursday, October 30, 2008

Old Dutch Relaunches Ketchup Potato Chips in U.S.

IC readers might be familiar with my fondness for ketchup potato chips. I wrote about this fondness in the summer of 2007. (http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2007/07/31/are-ketchup-flavored-potato-chips-what-makes-canadians-different-from-americans/)

The very first ketchup chip I tasted was Old Dutch which is one of its top sellers in Canada. At the time I wrote the article, Old Dutch did not offer ketchup chips in the U.S. although not for lack of effort. Old Dutch introduced ketchup chips to the U.S. market on two occasions - once in the early 1980s and once in the early 1990s - without success.

Perhaps the third time will be a charm.

Last week, Old Dutch relaunched Ketchup Potato Chips. (http://www.olddutchfoods.com/home.php) They are available for sale in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Michigan's Upper Peninsula. If you live outside these Midwest states you need not squeeze your Heinz or Hunts on just any potato chips. You can buy them online at www.bobsproduce.com or phone them at 1-800-685-0315.

I ordered six large bags. It cost me $37 including S&H. But they are big bags and I'm going to enjoy each and every one of them. I'm even sharing a few with my roommate.

No comments: