Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peter Graves,1926-2010. R.I.P.

Actor Peter Graves died today of a heart attack. He was four days shy of his 84th birthday.

Graves is best known for starring on the popular '60s and '70s TV series Mission Impossible. The series would be revived in the late 1980s.

He is also known for his appearances in the two Airplane movies in the early 1980s. Peter Graves is probably the only one who could get away with asking a child, "Have you seen a grown man naked?"

In the 1990s, Graves served as the host of Biography on A&E.

I remember the late Phil Hartman did the great impersonation of Graves. It was an impersonation I liked to emulate especially when I saw Graves doing reverse mortgage commercials for American Advisors Group.

I did not know he was the younger brother of Gunsmoke star James Arness.

This post wll self-destruct in thirty seconds.

No comments: