Friday, April 2, 2010

For Once Somebody Out There Likes My MLB Predictions

I came across this post on a blog called The American Culture written by a fellow named Daniel Crandall commenting on my MLB Predictions for 2010 which appear both on the IC main site and online at The American Spectator.

Crandall is intrigued about my prediction that the Seattle Mariners will win the 2010 World Series. As a resident of the Pacific Northwest, Crandall writes:

I have no doubt that Goldstein knows more about this than I, and as a Seattle resident I hope he’s right. Sports fans in the Pacific Northwest need something to cheer about.

Daniel Crandall is a very generous man. After all, I am the same person who only a year ago predicted calamity to fall upon the New York Yankees. When I predicted the Tampa Bay Devil Rays would win the World Series in 2006 my very sanity was called into question. So my track record hasn't been great. But that has never stopped me before.

Frankly, I don't think picking the Mariners is that outlandish given their flurry of off season moves. My most contentious pick this season is the NL Central where I have the Cincinnati Reds winning the division. Now if I had picked the Pittsburgh Pirates to win the NL Central then I think there would have been calls made to Napoleon XIV for some nice young men in clean white coats to come and take me away.

No comments: