Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bill Ayers Banned in Boston

Bill Ayers was scheduled to speak at Boston College on Monday night.

However, I was reading NRO's The Corner and saw that BC has rescinded the invitation.

As with George Galloway, while I find Ayers' worldview odious I would rather have had the opportunity to challenge his point of view rather than have him prevented from speaking altogether.

The Left can now say that Ayers is being silenced by the establishment.

Or let me put it another way. A few years ago I saw Ann Coulter speak at Boston College.

Let us suppose there had been an effort by campus liberals to prevent Coulter from speaking. Let us also suppose they had succeeded. Conservatives would be outraged and rightly so.

No, Ann Coulter hasn't committed any acts of terrorism nor she is unrepentant about them.

Still, we ought to treat others as we ourselves would want to be treated.

No comments: