Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coulter on Silver

I've occasionally been critical of Ann Coulter over the years as demonstrated here and here.

However, I was quite moved by her most recent column which deals with the passing of Ron Silver. Having just written my own column on Silver my curiosity was piqued.

I knew she really liked Silver's speech before the 2004 Republican National Convention. However, I had no idea they were such close friends. She writes of his generosity:

When I needed to stay with Ron for a few weeks once, he'd get up hours before I did, read all the major newspapers and leave the interesting articles circled at the foot of my bed.

This might be nicest thing a man could ever do for me. Hey, skip the bagel and fresh coffee - bring me that op-ed paged and a pair of scissors! It was like a fabulous Park Avenue hotel with a clipping service.

It speaks of Ron Silver's thoughtfulness. It is also as moving a tribute I've heard one human being make to another. Nothing more need be said.

No comments: