Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thoughts on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

This morning I struggled to make my way to the steps of the First Church of Christ, Scientist on 68th and Central Park West to meet up with my Dad to watch the 84th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. But I made it.

What a spectacle!!!

Some of the floats are so enormous (i.e. Snoopy, Ronald McDonald, Kung Fu Panda) they must need thirty people to carry them.

Of course, there were marching bands from all over the country. The NYPD was there in full force.

Then there were the celebrities. I saw, amongst others, Arlo Guthrie, Miranda Cosgrove, Kylie Minogue, the cast of Sesame Street, Gladys Knight, Jessica Simpson, Joan Rivers, India Arie, Betty Buckley and Kanye West (ugghhh). No Carly Simon though. Oh well.

Still, I'm glad I got to see it.

I'm not posting any pictures. You'll have to use your imagination. If you don't want to use your imagination then you'll have to come here next year.

No comments: