Thursday, January 27, 2011

Romney: GOP Hopeful Should Have "Extensive Experience in the Private Sector"

Over at NRO's The Corner, Robert Costa draws our attention to a Boston Globe story on Mitt Romney's interview with Sean Hannity last night.

I was struck by one of the quotes Costa highlighted concerning Romney's position on the merits of a prospective GOP presidential hopeful having a background in business:

I don't know who all is going to get in the race, but I do believe that it would be helpful if at least one of the people who's running in the Republican field had extensive experience in the private sector - in small business, in big business.

Somehow I don't think Romney was referring to Herman Cain.

But I'd put up Cain's private sector experience against Romney's private sector experience any day of the week. I also think Cain resonates with conservatives in a way Romney never will no matter how much money he spends.

No comments: