Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The London Tube Bombings Five Years After

Perhaps I haven't tried hard enough but I cannot find any commentary on the fifth anniversary of the London Tube Bombings which claimed the lives of 52 people.

In fact, there was no official event to commemorate those that died. There was an unofficial ceremony in Hyde Park. There was a note from Prime Minister Cameron paying his respects but he was not in attendance.

Did Cameron not want to be seen as offending Muslims? Is that more important to him than remembering those who died at the hands of their fellow countrymen who are bound by other loyalties?

I remember that on my way to work that morning we had to evacuate our train at Arlington Street because of concerns a similar plot was underway in Boston. I ended up walking to work. I'll never forget that walk.

I'm not sure if the victims of the London Tube Bombings aren't remembered. I simply think most would simply rather forget.

No comments: