Friday, January 1, 2010

Hockey @ Fenway

I like how the NHL holds an outdoor game on New Year's Day.

Last year, the game was held at Wrigley Field in Chicago.

This year the Boston Bruins hosted the Philadelphia Flyers at Fenway Park.

The Bruins won 2-1 in OT. Or should I say extra innings?

While it is was pretty neat to see a rink at Fenway from what I heard it was difficult to see the action without watching it on the TV screens in the grandstands.

It also must have been cold as hell sitting in the stands especially in the bleachers, the Monster seats and on the right field roof. I've been to Fenway in April and in September and you can shiver. Don't get me wrong I like cool weather but it is difficult to tolerate when there's a strong wind and you can't move around freely.

Yet from the safe distance of a warm living room outdoor hockey is a pretty nice sight.

So nice that I have a funny feeling that at this time next year we'll be seeing the New Year's Day game at the new Yankee Stadium.

No comments: