Monday, August 23, 2010

Are Ron Paul & Faisal Abdul Rauf One in the Same?

So Ron Paul backs the Ground Zero Mosque.

I cannot say that I am surprised.

I am also not surprised that he would blame it all on neoconservatives.

Nor am I surprised that Paul would claim that opposition to the Ground Zero Mosque is "all about hate and Islamophobia."

I wonder what Paul has to say now in light of revelations of Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf's statement in 2005 that "the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than al Qaida has on its hands of innocent non Muslims."

Yet somehow I don't think Ron Paul is going to back away from his statements. After all how is Imam Faisal Abdul Rauf's claim that America was an accessory to the attacks of September 11, 2001 any different from Paul's claim that the 9/11 attacks were a result of "blowback"?

No comments: