Friday, June 19, 2009

Thoughts on Up

Last night, my roomie Christopher asked me if I wanted to go see the Disney/Pixar movie Up. I neither accepted nor declined. Now I had read good things about the movie but I wasn't sold on seeing the movie.

On the way to do some food shopping this afternoon I received a call from Christopher. He told me he had completed his errands and was on his way to the theater to see the movie and asked me if I would like to join him. I wasn't completely enthusiastic about the offer but I could sense that he really wanted to see it. Besides I could go food shopping after the movie so I agreed.

Please see this movie!!!

If it is possible for an animated movie to be nominated for Best Picture then this is the movie. If it is possible for an actor to be nominated for Best Actor using only his voice then Ed Asner could make cinematic history.

By the time I had finished watching the opening sequence I was glad I had brought my face cloth along because I was wiping away tears. That segment of the film had almost no dialogue yet it said more in twenty minutes than most films do in two hours.

Sure you could wait for the DVD. But this is a movie that is meant to be seen on a big screen.

If you have children or grandchildren take them to see this movie.

If you have a girlfriend or wife take her to see this movie.

If you have nobody to take to this movie then take yourself.

Let me repeat myself. Please see this movie!!!

No comments: