Monday, June 14, 2010

Sophie B. Hawkins: Damn, I Wish Obama Wasn't President

When I think of Sophie B. Hawkins I think of a singer who had a couple of hits in the early 1990s.

When I think of Sophie B. Hawkins I think of all the things that go along with being a singer these days - environmentalism, veganism, lesbianism (or in her case bisexuality).

But until this morning I would not have thought of Sophie B. Hawkins as a critic of President Obama.

Hawkins has been critical of President Obama's handling of the Gulf oil spill. In fact, she has accused him of throwing America under the bus.

She just penned a song called "The Land, the Sea & the Sky." One hundred percent of the proceeds are being donated to the Waterkeeper Alliance which is heavily involved in the clean up efforts down in the Gulf. Hawkins recently performed the song on Fox & Friends.

It is worth noting that Hawkins was a supporter of Hillary Clinton during the 2008 Democratic primaries. She was never a fan of Obama stating, "I honestly couldn't believe so many people were into him." However, Hawkins also said she recently attended a Tea Party rally in Santa Monica.

Until today, I would have never imagined Sophie B. Hawkins attending a Tea Party rally.

And if the Sophie B. Hawkins of the world are attending Tea Parties then President Obama had better watch out.

No comments: