Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I, Barack Hussein Obama, Do Solemnly Swear....

Well, we can now call him President Obama.

After seeing Rick Warren give the invocation, Aretha Franklin sing, John Paul Stevens swearing in Joe Biden and the quartet of Yo-Yo Ma, Yitzhak Perlman, Gabriela Montero and Anthony McGill perform a piece arranged by John Williams it was the moment for which everyone highly anticipated.

Notice how Obama stumbled all over his oath. I'm sure John Roberts was smiling inside given that Obama had objected to his Supreme Court nomination. The Obama supporters here at work were saying, "Ahh, he's nervous." If it were Bush or Sarah Palin they would be saying, "What an idiot."

I chose to remain in respectful silence.

Well, show us what you can do. If you need help please ask. But be prepared for criticism and lots of it. Some of it will be justified. Other criticism won't be. That is unless the MSM is officially on holiday for the next four years.

I am still deeply skeptical. I have written a poem called "October 16, 2011". That will mark Obama's 1,000th day in office. The poem represents where I believe America will be at that moment. It will represent my next article and hope it gets posted today or tomorrow.

No comments: