Monday, March 30, 2009

Thoughts on Obama's Plans For GM & Chrysler

I caught some of President Obama's remarks on CNN.

First thought. It is a good day for Ford.

Second thought. I noticed the Dow Jones Average plummeting by the second as Obama spoke.

Third thought. When Obama spoke about the potential partnership between Chrysler and Fiat a gentleman in the room with me said, "I get nervous when he uses the word fiat." I seconded his motion.

Fourth thought. The United States isn't the only government bailing out the auto industry. Canada's Conservative government under Stephen Harper will be announcing a bailout this afternoon of GM and Chrysler as 20% of their operations are in Canada.

Fifth thought. I am glad I do not drive.

Sixth thought. What's good for General Motors is good for America should now read, "What's good for General Motors is good for America subject to President Obama's approval."

No comments: