Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lindsay Lohan Files The Most Ridiculous Lawsuit Ever

Actress Lindsay Lohan has filed a $100 million lawsuit against E*Trade.

Lohan alleges the ad they ran during the Superbowl which included a "milkaholic" baby named Lindsay improperly used her "likeness, name, characterization, and personality" without permission.

She also argues that she has instant single name recognition like Oprah or Madonna. Um, when I hear the name Lindsay I think of the late British film director Lindsay Anderson. Especially when he slaps Malcolm McDowell with a script at the conclusion of O Lucky Man. Too bad Mr. Anderson isn't around to slap some sense into Ms. Lohan.

I can tell you that when I watched that ad Lindsay Lohan was the furthest thing from my mind. Hopefully, a New York judge will see things the same way and throw out her case out of court. For good measure, the judge should order Lohan to pay E*Trade's legal costs.

Then again given Lohan's history of childish behavior I can see how she could be mistaken for a baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you, Lohan was the furtherest thing from my mind when I saw that commercial. She really needs to get over herself. I've talked to a lot of people about this and NO ONE, NOT ONE, thought of her when they saw it either.