Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Last Time I Purchased a Newspaper was on October 28, 2004

Yesterday, when writing about the possible demise of The Boston Globe I offered that I could not remember the last time I bought a newspaper and that it had been at least five years.

Well, having thought about it further I do remember the last time I purchased a newspaper.

It was October 28, 2004.

Not quite five years. But nearly four and a half.

So why do I now remember the last time I bought a newspaper?

Because it was the morning after the Boston Red Sox defeated the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 4 of the 2004 World Series thus ending the 86 year drought brought about by The Curse of the Bambino.

And yes, it was The Boston Globe I purchased that day.

Tomorrow, the Red Sox open the 2009 season at Fenway Park for a 2008 ALCS rematch against the Tampa Bay Rays.

But I'll read about it online.

No comments: