Friday, September 25, 2009

Ken Howard Elected President of Screen Actors Guild

Ken Howard has been elected President of the Screen Actors Guild. The Los Angeles Times describes Howard as "a moderate."

Of course, I'm not sure what passes for moderate in Hollywood these days.

Nonetheless, I offer my congratulations to Howard who is one of my favorite actors. I enjoyed watching The White Shadow when I was a kid and in more recent years I enjoyed watching him in a supporting role on Crossing Jordan. That show was never the same after he left.

It was just this past Sunday, Howard won an Emmy in the television adaptation of Grey Gardens.

In July 2008, my older brother and I saw Howard do a one man show in Watertown, Massachusetts called According to Tip which was based on the life of the late House Speaker Tip O'Neill. You can read my review of the show here.

No comments: