Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Proud To Be Canadian

I have now lived in the United States for nearly 9½ years and consider this country my home.

However, today I am proud of being Canadian in a way that I have not in a very long time.

The Canadian delegation at the UN General Assembly walked out on Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as he was about to give his speech. Judi McLeod of Canada Free Press (where my articles also appear) has the details.

It was only this past Friday that Ahmadinejad called the Holocaust "a lie." White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Ahmadinejad's comments "only serves to isolate Iran further from the world." If that was true then the United States would have led the way with Canada's noble protest.

President Obama has behaved in a cowardly manner where it concerns Iran. President Obama insists on engaging with a madman despite his intentions to destroy Israel. President Obama also insists on engaging with a madman who has no qualms about killing and imprisoning his own people for expressing their opinions.

I am proud to be Canadian. I am proud to be American. I am ashamed of my President.

1 comment:

staging professionals Toronto said...

Hi. Nice article! I am Canadian as well and of course I am proud to be from Canada. However, after Wednesday when Canada walked out on Ahmadinejad's UN speech, I am even more proud to be Canadian. In my view Ahmadinejad's opinions are very dangerous and it is necessary to show what other countries think about them.

Best regards,
Ella