Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Hope Obama Appoints a Man to the Supreme Court

My new article on who President Obama's first Supreme Court is up on IC today.

In the article, I discuss why I think his appointment will be from Harvard Law School. Obama, of course, attended Harvard Law and was the editor of the Harvard Law Review in 1991.

One of the people I mention is Elena Kagan, the former Dean of Harvard Law who Obama recently appointed as U.S. Solicitor General. She has been prominently mentioned as a very strong contender in the MSM so I am hardly the first to mention her. Kagan is probably as well regarded by conservatives as a liberal can be and the closest Obama would come to appointing a conservative. She is held in great affection by The Federalist Society. So he probably won't pick her.

In all honesty though I would like President Obama to appoint a man to the Supreme Court if for no other reason than to really annoy California Senator Barbara Boxer.

No comments: