Tuesday, May 26, 2009

W. Nathan Alexander, 1968-2009. R.I.P.

I spent the Memorial Day Weekend away from IC and it is only now that I have learned of the passing of Nathan Alexander.

My deepest sympathies to both Andrew and Rachel on the loss of their brother.

Like others who have posted their respects I, too, never encountered Nathan in person. However, we did occasionally exchange e-mails usually about baseball. We were both Boston Red Sox fans and Nathan did his part to spread the word of Red Sox Nation down south. No doubt he would have been great company at Fenway Park.

The Internet presents opportunities to meet people with whom you might not otherwise cross paths. But there is no substitute for meeting someone in the flesh. What I am trying to say here is that it would be great if we could gather in the same room. Naturally, it is easier said than done. The logistics would be very difficult to overcome. But it would be great to do so even if for one day. Besides you can't shake hands online or give someone a hug in a chat room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew Nathan from his work at Troy University, so it is not a surprise to see that so many others are mourning his loss.

-Morgan